Skin Care Technician Program
Accredited through Apprenticeship Manitoba
Embark on your dream skin care career in the beauty industry with our accredited Skin Care Technician Course. Develop a passion for beautiful skin and beauty techniques as you learn over 15 different types of skin care and beauty services.
Gain hands-on experience that prepares you to confidently offer these services in the real world. Our program not only focuses on in-demand skin care services, but also equips you with comprehensive knowledge in the science of skin, client services, beauty business management, and safety.
As a Skin Care Technician, you will have the opportunity to explore diverse career paths such as professional skin care technician, spa operator, beauty educator, and more. Our Health Canada registered supplies and experienced educators will ensure you learn the highest-quality standards in the industry.
The Services You Will Learn to Master:
Skin – Face:
- Hair Removal – Waxing
- Lymphatic drainage massage
- Light Therapy Treatments
Skin – Body:
- Body Wraps and Scrubs
- Body Massage
- Cellulite treatments
- Hair Removal – Waxing
- Makeup Application
- Classic Lash Extensions
- Lash Lift and Tint
Become a Knowledgeable Expert
One of the most fulfilling experiences of being a skin care expert is the ability to educate your guests on their unique skin and how to care for it.
In addition to learning and practicing the services covered in this course, you will gain all the valuable, well-rounded knowledge relevant to being a Skin Technician, including:
The Science of Skin:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin
- Hygiene, Bacteriology and Sterilization
- Histology of the Skin
- Skin Care Products and Chemistry
- Skin Diseases and Disorders
Beauty Business Competency:
- Client Services including consultations and aftercare communication
- Retail and Salon Management
- Trade Safety Awareness
- Safety in the Workplace
- Provincial Certification
- Implements and Equipment
Explore Careers as a Skin Care Technician
The wide range of in-demand skills you will learn in the Skin Care Technician program are of high value to you as a contender in the world of professional beauty. Once you are fully licensed, you can also start your own business focusing on the skills you love the most and expand your salon menu to include the broad selection of services learned in this program.
Here are popular career choices for Skin Technicians:
- Professional Skin Care Technician
- Spa operator (home business or public)
- Specialist in Wellness Services (Massage, Body Wraps, Aromatherapy)
- Make-Up Artist
- Specialist in Facial Skin Care
- Skin Care Brand Consultant or Purchaser
- Skin Care Educator
- Make-Up Artistry Educator
Why Wrapture Beauty Academy?
- Quality: Innovative beauty training with quality training supplies delivered by experienced educators.
- Financial Aid Assistance: We help you access financial aid for your unique situation and goals.
- Commitment to Your Success: Student-centered approach and commitment to individual success.
- Real-World Preparation: Designed to build your beauty career and prepare you to confidently offer your services in the real world.
- Ongoing Support: Continuous alumni assistance and access to our educators and resources as you gain experience in your field.
- Recognized Excellence: We maintain exceptional standards and are acknowledged in the industry with accolades for outstanding achievements, including multiple Top Choice Awards.
- Keeping You on the Leading Edge: Our courses are tailored to meet evolving industry needs and incorporate the latest advancements.
Become a Laser Technician
If you are passionate about skin care, you’re going to love laser skin rejuvenation. Stay ahead of consumer demand and your career by becoming a laser technician!
Learn how to conduct laser hair removal, sun spot removal, scar reduction, stretch mark smoothing, skin resurfacing, wrinkle diminishment, and more in-demand treatments!
Our laser program and courses require no pre-requisites and offer a well-rounded opportunity to learn about laser, I.P.L., and radiofrequency technology, as well as skin consultations and hands-on practice.
Become a Medical Esthetician
Who is eligible to take the Medical Esthetics Program?
Any licensed esthetician or skin care technician who has completed their apprenticeship hours and passed their licensing exam.
I have completed the Skin Technician Program; what are my next steps toward becoming a medical esthetician?
Upon completing the Skin Technician Program, you need to complete the following pre-requsites in order to become a medical esthetician:
- Complete your apprenticeship hours
- Pass your licensing exam to become a licensed esthetician
- Take our Laser Technician Program (this can be done at any time as there are no pre-requsites for this program).
- Take our Microneedling Course
Once these requirements have been met, you will be a qualified Medical Esthetician!
Talk to us today about planning your career as a Medical Esthetician.
We ensure that you are provided with high-quality, Health Canada registered equipment and products to train with, and empower you to continue to uphold high standards in your own business.
Compare Our Skin Care Programs
We offer a variety of programs to help kick-start your career in the world of skin care. Use our detailed chart to compare services and skills taught within each program!
SEE THE CHART →
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
This program is ideal for students who want to work in a salon, spa or clinical spa.
|Books and Supplies Fee*
|Training Completion Fund
|Total with tax
*PST will be applied to this section only.
In addition to the supplies provided, students will require a device to participate in online learning components.
Program Start Dates
July 9, 2024-Feb 14, 2025
Explore Financing Options
Explore your options →
Book A Meeting
Book a zoom or in-person meeting with an academy advisor to learn about your financing options, in-depth details about the courses you're interested in, or help getting started with picking one.
Click here to book a meeting →
Be Part of a Tradition of Excellence
For the past two decades, Total Wrapture Medi Spa has been at the forefront of the beauty industry, cultivating an established tradition of excellence. With a deep commitment to delivering exceptional services, the spa opened Wrapture Beauty Academy.
We embody this same dedication to excellence while setting a new standard in beauty education. By bringing together experienced instructors, cutting-edge curriculum, and state-of-the-art facilities, Wrapture Beauty Academy ensures that students receive the highest quality training. The tradition of excellence is deeply ingrained in every aspect of our academy, from personalized instruction and hands-on practice to a supportive and inspiring learning environment.
Graduates of Wrapture Beauty Academy not only gain the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the beauty industry, but also carry forward the legacy of Total Wrapture Medi Spa's unwavering commitment to excellence.
Our Commitment to You Only Begins Here
Once you complete this course, you will have the ongoing support of the educators and staff at our academy.
We believe career and organizational growth are truly dependent on continual advancement in education. We invite you to contact us with your questions, join our alumni network groups, and return for more advanced courses.